Friday, May 14, 2010

One More Day!

Well, thanks to my blog subject, I now have music from Les Miserables in my head. I suppose that's fitting; the show first opened in London, and this year is the 25th anniversary of it.

Anyway; I have just finished packing my two suitcases, and I am sweating from the effort which went in to zipping up my smaller suitcase. I hope that I was entertaining the people across the street, as I had the curtains open and I was right by the window. I was sitting on my suitcase, lying on it, doing every silly thing I could think of. Eventually, I got it zipped up. Phew! I don't have the means to weigh my suitcases, so I hope that I managed to evenly distribute the weight between my bags.

Well, as I have mentioned in past blog entries, yesterday was the final day at AHA. The beginning of the day felt like any other school day; everyone was so focused on finishing homework and getting our finals out of the way. However, by the time the last final wound down and we were preparing for the tea party, it began to feel like the end. As Ruby put it, it was like the end of high school, only cooler (and therefore sadder). And it's true, it does feel like the end of high school did. Hugging Maggie, Leah, and Martin goodbye yesterday was very sad, because who knows if and when I will see them again? I'm far less concerned about seeing the other students, as everyone lives in Washington or Oregon and it's a lot easier to stay in touch among us. The picture you see here, by the way, is of Maggie and Leah. Maggie was our housing coordinator, and Leah is the administrative assistant. Leah is also an American. They both were always full of helpful suggestions of things to do and places to go, as well as advice when needed.

The tea party was a blast apart from the fact that it was our last day ever at AHA. Leah outdid herself putting together the party, with lots of goodies (which disappeared very quickly), tea, and two kinds of punch: virgin and spiked. It was ridiculously exciting having alcohol at a school function. But then, that's England for you. We had classes held in pubs.

Now that I'm packed, I can go out and enjoy my last day here in London. I have plans to hang out with Hilary, who still has two weeks here in London before she returns to Seattle. After going out, I promise to post the final installment of the 10 things list, and then Rufus has to get packed up in my carry on in preparation for leaving tomorrow.

I will be leaving for the airport at 8:00 AM tomorrow morning, in order to arrive around 9:30 to check in for my 12:30 flight. From the point I leave London to the point I arrive in Seattle, I will spend 18 and a half hours tomorrow traveling. It only takes 13 hours, but I have a five hour layover in Chicago where I will have nothing to do but sit and waste my life away. Oh, how exciting. But the happy news is that eventually, I will be home, where I can hug my kitties! Oh yeah, and see people too, I guess. (I'm kidding, I'm excited to see people too)

No comments:

Post a Comment