Monday, May 10, 2010

Number Five: The 10 Things I Have Learned in Europe

Well, I have half an hour to kill until my next class today (and after today, I will only have three more days of classes!), and so I thought that I would update my blog using the school computers. Surprisingly, for once, there's an open computer. Most of the students brought their laptops with them so they could finish up their paper (which is due in half an hour) at the last minute.

And so here is today's installment in the 10 things countdown list. It has just occurred to me that the number one slot will be on Saturday, and that is the day I leave. I probably will not update on Saturday, so look for the number one slot late Friday night!

Tonight, I have another paper to work on, which is not due until Thursday. However, the goal to get it finished early has been set so that I may go to Harrod's with Annie tomorrow (followed by one last Wine Tuesday) without having to stress out about my paper. And my final exams begin on Wednesday. Friday is a free day to pack and enjoy my final day in London, and then Saturday I GET TO GO HOME! Hurray!

The 10 things I have learned in Europe:
5. If you are relying on the Tube as your mode of transportation, expect delays, line closures, and just a general headache. If you give yourself plenty of extra time, you will, naturally, arrive early. However, if you expect things to run smoothly, your journey will somehow take two hours. And you will need to take 5 lines, as opposed to taking the one line which is a straight shot. For more tips on surviving the Tube system, see my past rants on the bloody system.

No comments:

Post a Comment