Sunday, May 9, 2010

Number Six: The 10 Things I Have Learned in Europe

Good news; I now have two paragraphs written in my paper! Well, at least it will be finished on time, and I am retaining my sanity. After this paper, I have one more paper to write (by Thursday), and four final exams to take (one on Wednesday, three on Thursday). The good news about having so much homework is that it means that time will fly by until I get to go home! At this point, 6 days feels like an eternity, and I just cannot wait to be surrounded by American accents, eating fatty foods, hugging people, and snuggling up with my cats. But, until then, it's finals week...

The 10 things I Have Learned in Europe:
6. Most of Europe does not appreciate the awesomeness that is mayonnaise. Instead, the common condiment on sandwiches is butter. Now don't get me wrong, I love butter, but it is really not supposed to be layered on centimeter-thick on a sandwich! That's what mayonnaise is for. The Belgians, however, are my kind of people, as they appreciate the delicacy that is fries dipped in mayonnaise. Mmmm. Most of my American friends think that's gross, but Aurelie and I thought it was quite delicious!

Peanut butter is also under-appreciated in this country, but they make up for that by having a plethora of Nutella and generic brands of Nutella-like products. The US could learn from that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment