Sunday, May 9, 2010

Number Seven: The 10 Things I Have Learned in Europe

I am not making much progress on my paper, which is not a good sign. I have written out the opening paragraph, which is good.

Well, while my brain is trying vainly to turn itself on and wake up, let's check off another point on our count down!

The 10 things I have Learned in Europe:
7. Bring some form of student ID with you everywhere you go. Then, remember to ask everywhere if they offer a student discount, because most places will give 10% off, but they do not advertise it. Similarly, being under 25 constitutes you as a youth, which gets you discounts on travel. The one place where you don't need some form of ID is in a pub, where they rarely card anyone, despite all the signs saying "if you appear under 21, we will ask for your ID". (That's right; it's easier to drink in Europe than it is to ride on a train or make a purchase)

No comments:

Post a Comment