Sunday, July 28, 2013

50 Weeks of Creativity: Week 29

There's a first time for everything, isn't there? Well, this week marks the end of my summer camp, but with it came a first for me: painting. Camp painted a mural on a bridge in Midland, right down the street from my high school. While I spent most of the time supervising, I did lend my hand for a bit of the painting itself. I've never been much of a painter to begin with, but this was a very fun and organic project. Our final camp project was fantastic and successful, and I am incredibly proud of the kids who helped make my summer camp a success.

I'll have to start being a bit more creative as I go into my remaining 21 weeks of creativity now that camp is over, but I'm determined to finish this project.

For now: take a look at the camp mural! You can see it in person down the street from Franklin Pierce High School on 112th street in Midland, Washington. Also be sure to search for #pyartcamp on Instagram and Twitter for some close-up shots of the mural and process pictures!



This post is twenty-ninth in a series of 50 weekly posts, as part of my 50 Weeks of Creativity Challenge for 2013. To see every post and creation from the series, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment