Thursday, May 6, 2010

Number Nine: The 10 Things I Have Learned in Europe

Tonight, I am off to The Globe to see a touring production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, and then I'm heading to the airport to spend the night before catching a morning flight to Oslo for the weekend.

But before I leave, here is the second installment in the ten things list, as we are now 9 days away from my homecoming! You'll have to wait a few days for the next installments to the list.

The 10 things I have learned in Europe:
9. It is important to understand how people in different countries greet each other. While most people are content to stick with a simple handshake, other countries, such as Belgium, will want to kiss on the cheek (but only one cheek). In England, people don't like each other much and so minimal touching is preferred, such as a brief handshake. And in France, everyone just walks around with their nose in the air while blatantly ignoring everyone around them and refusing to speak English.

Secondarily, it is okay to pick on the French; nobody really likes them, and they don't like anyone else. So it all evens out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment