Sunday, July 7, 2013

50 Weeks of Creativity: Catching Up

Hiatus is over, and it is time to catch up...with weeks 15 through 26. Yikes, 11 weeks! Two and a half months' worth of creativity that needs catching up. Rather than recap 11 weeks that I actually can't remember super well at this point, I figured this could be a summary post featuring snippets of what I have been up to.

Most of my creative work recently has been related to my PY // Art from Parkland's Youth project. The show successfully took place at Pacific Lutheran University as planned, and was followed up with a second show at Trinity Lutheran Church. Then the project grew: a fellow PLU alumna and I applied for a Sparks Grant from the Greater Tacoma Community Foundation, and we were finalists in the application process. We didn't get the grant, but we also didn't need it: community support has been very wonderful, and as a result we have been able to organize a four-weeks arts camp for local teenagers. The camp has already finished one week, and is now onto its second week this Monday. Oh, I've also graduated with my MA.

Life has been busy, which is why this blog has fallen on the wayside. It's difficult to keep a personal journey blog running when focusing on other aspects of life! But here I am, back to complete this journey before closing the blog down. Thanks for your patience.

I have been updating and organizing my online portfolio, via Behance.

I have been maintaining the website for PY // Art from Parkland's Youth, as well as running the Facebook page and taking pictures of exhibitions and camp!

Of course, I graduated, which I posted all over my Instagram feed (along with other fun stuff).

Finally, I've been baking. I had a craving for cupcakes the other day, so I came up with some delicious orangecicle cupcakes. I'll post the recipe later this week, but for now: a picture of my handiwork.



Once again, sorry for the long hiatus. I'm back, and we'll finish out the remaining 24 weeks of creativity on time. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment