Tuesday, July 23, 2013

50 Weeks of Creativity: Week 28

I think the fact that I am running an arts camp automatically qualifies as something creative each week in July. And for this week's installment in my creativity challenge, it is in fact a task from camp: apart from the fact that I schedule and plan every activity with my associate Allie (although she gets the majority of the teaching credit!), I also participate in some of our activities.

So for week 28, I put together a special presentation on the topic of Tacoma's local art and an overview of art history in general. This was a precursor to a scavenger hunt the kids did on Thursday, which I also planned and organized with Allie. Finally, I also brought in my friend Becky to teach the kids how to do henna tattoos. While everyone practiced their body art, I decided to doodle a bit on myself.

The tally this week, then, is: a lesson on art history, planning an arts scavenger hunt, and staining my skin with pop culture references. I'd say it was a success in addition to creative!

Enjoy my henna tattoo, and be sure to check out my arts camp! We are wrapping up this week, but big things are happening (which I will of course address in next week's creativity post).

This picture may show off my Harry Potter silhouette and Deathly Hallows symbol, but on the back of my hand I also drew a David Bowie Aladdin Sane lightning bolt.


This post is twenty-seventh in a series of 50 weekly posts, as part of my 50 Weeks of Creativity Challenge for 2013. To see every post and creation from the series, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment