Sunday, July 14, 2013

50 Weeks of Creativity: Week 27

This weekend, my brother, my best friend and I drove down to Seaside, Oregon for a day trip. It's a bit of a drive for a single day, especially since we can enjoy beaches and sunshine right here in the Puget Sound. However, it's always fun to drive along the Oregon coast on US Hwy 101, plus once you're down to Seaside you may as well drive down to Tillamook and have some cheese at the best cheese factory in the world.

Along the way, I started taking pictures with my iPhone of things that I felt represented America and Americana. I started posting them on Instagram, always using the same filter and same caption: "This is America." It turned into a mini photo series, capturing my idea of America.

This week for 50 weeks of creativity, I want to share that series. This is America.















In addition to this photo project, I am still quite busy with camp! The kids are absolutely fantastic, and I would like to encourage everyone to check out the creativity happening right here in Beautiful Parkland. We are on Facebook, Twitter, and we have a website.

This post is twenty-seventh in a series of 50 weekly posts, as part of my 50 Weeks of Creativity Challenge for 2013. To see every post and creation from the series, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment