Sunday, March 3, 2013

50 Weeks of Creativity: Week Seven

Ahhhh week seven. It's been quite the busy week! The Technology for Marketing & Advertising conference/trade show took place in London, and Fast Web Media presented weatherFIT there. I got to hang out, look at the other businesses and their services, and just have a grand old time. I did put together a Vine to promote the weatherFIT booth though, which is never quite a simple task. You have 6 seconds to put together an interesting story. Recording the video isn't particularly easy either, as you have to know exactly what you will film and for how long. But inspiration struck, and I made my 6-second sale.




Marketing class postcardI had to do some graphic design this week for my promotions class as well. It's nice when you have a graphic design degree and you're not in a design class. Expectations for your work are considerably lower, and people are impressed with what you threw together in a matter of minutes. I mean, uh, spent all week sketching out and meticulously editing. Yeah, that one. Anyway, I created a postcard for my marketing materials.

And lastly, I went on a couple of excursions this weekend and brought the camera along once again. I went back to Camden on Saturday and snapped a few shots (mostly from the bus on the way there, but a couple by the Camden Locks). Then I went out to Hampton Court Palace today, and took plenty of fun photographs all over King Henry VIII's old stomping grounds. And not once was I compelled to sing my favorite Herman's Hermits song ever:


Wait. Can we take a moment to acknowledge how adorkable that guitarist is?! If he were 50 years younger...

Anyway, good ol' Henry VIII. What a guy. He had a nice place though, so I'll give him that. I leave you now with pictures of my weekend wandering about London.

Bus in London
Riding the bus to Camden Town.

Camden Locks
The Camden Locks

Hampton Court Palace
Hampton Court Palace

Hampton Court Palace

Choir boys at Hampton Court Palace
Choir boys preparing for chapel.

Hampton Court Palace

Fountain Courtyard, Hampton Court Palace
The Fountain Courtyard

Hampton Court Palace

Hampton Court Palace

Hampton Court Palace

Hampton Court Palace

Hampton Court Palace

Gardens at Hampton Court Palace

Hampton Court Palace

Hampton Court Palace

Hampton Court Palace

This post is seventh in a series of 50 weekly posts, as part of my 50 Weeks of Creativity Challenge for 2013. To see every post and creation from the series, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment