Wednesday, March 13, 2013

50 Weeks of Creativity: Week Eight

The quarter is winding down, which means the weeks have been quite busy. But the good news is that this week is finals week, and I'm off to Leipzig this weekend to celebrate spring break! So expect a delayed 50 Weeks Post for week nine as a result.

This week, I experimented in the kitchen again, and came up with a delicious macaroni and cheese recipe thanks to a cheese find in the grocery store. I already blogged about that, so check out the link for that recipe!

The other creative contribution I have for the week was a trip to Brighton on Sunday. It was extremely cold, but I braved the cold for a bit of time on the pier taking photographs (by the sea, Mister Todd...). I also thought I'd treat myself to a delicious crepe by the sea, but the birds thought otherwise. While I was enjoying the atmosphere, I got bumped from behind. Assuming I had just been bumped into by a stranger who wasn't paying attention, I carried on. But then I realized that the crepe in my hand was gone, and I was only holding an empty cup. And suddenly screeching birds were swarming me, and it was a bit startling.

Then I realized why. My crepe was lying on the dock a few feet in front of me, and seagulls were frantically fighting over it, and I was in the midst of it all. A seagull had intentionally flown into my head and stollen my crepe from my hand. I was attacked by a nasty bird for my food. It looked a lot like this:



I hate birds, for so many reasons. I've since dubbed Sunday as The Great Crepe Caper. Well. All excitement and bird-hating aside, I did take some nice photographs.

Royal Pavilion, Brighton
The Royal Pavilion from the street

Brighton
Approaching the pier

Brighton Pier
Brighton Pier

Brighton Wheel
The last photo I captured before The Great Crepe Caper

Brighton Lanes Jubilee Arch
Jubilee Arch to the Lanes

Hmmm. Well, let's end the note on a slightly more positive note, shall we? This song was in my head the entire time we were in Brighton (except maybe during the Great Crepe Caper). I sang this song once during my voice lessons in college.



This post is eighth in a series of 50 weekly posts, as part of my 50 Weeks of Creativity Challenge for 2013. To see every post and creation from the series, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment