Wednesday, May 6, 2009

No Computer, No Job...

Well, the computer idea that Dad and I had did not go as planned. So I will not be getting a new computer until fall, most likely. But that's alright, because I would not have received the software early enough to be useful, and I'm not quite ready to part with Rufus yet. Dad's doing some more research regarding my needs, and he might be able to find better deals. Also, as it turns out, apparently Apple is considering lowering their prices in August for back to school, so they can compete price-wise with Microsoft. So that is looking good.

I currently do not have a summer job to work on saving money for my study abroad trip, which is very frustrating. KPLU will only be keeping one student for the summer, and I'm third in line with seniority. I do not get the job unless Laurie becomes unavailable. Emily lives in DC, so I get bumped up to second in line for seniority.

The Student Life office, however, may be able to keep me as a summer employee. They have to wait until Monday, when Barb comes back, to figure out if they will need extra help during the summer. Luckily, I'm the only local student employee, so I would get the offer if needed!

I have also applied to work at the front desk of the PLU pool, as well as applied for one of ten positions during the summer in the PLU Office of Development. I'm hoping to hear back from one of those regarding an interview soon. I also had an interview last week with KJR for an unpaid summer internship. So that is a possibility as well, but I'm more focused on finding a paying job that will allow me to save money for London.

That's all for now. Still waiting to hear about where I will be interning.

Finals week is coming soon, so I have been busy wrapping up my classes. Not much is happening regarding my study away plans, so this blog may be a bit empty for a while. I'll update random, exciting things though as I am able.

No comments:

Post a Comment