Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Job Updates

This evening, I had my joint interview with Alex for the Promotions Director at KCCR next year. Alex and I are applying together for next year, as we will be studying away for different semsters next year.

Hilary and Emily, our fearless GMs, are also splitting their position. Emily will be studying away in the fall (like Alex), and Hilary and I will be in London in the spring. So the two of them interviewed Alex and me. Alex and I suggested that we have our interview over dinner, offering the GMs a chance to eat in the middle of their long, exhaustive interview period!

The interview was fun and laid-back, and I think that it went really well. Alex and I work well together, and we balance each other out. We are also very enthusiastic and full of several great ideas, and we offer different abilities, so we can help and teach each other. Hopefully we get the position!

I also have an interview tomorrow with The Mast for an editor position for next year. I have never worked for a newspaper before, but I have always been interested in it. This would be a fun new experience! So we will see how that goes.

One more student media job opportunity is coming up, and that is KCNS. I am interviewing with the GM of KCNS, Andrea, on Tuesday. We will discuss my show plans and ideas for next year. This one I know I will probably get. Andrea has been telling me for months how much she would like to get me on my own show at KCNS! This is rather exciting, and lots of good news!

I also have an interview with the PLU Development office tomorrow morning, so hopefully I can get a summer job out of the deal.

Basically, my week is full of job interviews and final projects. Somehow, I also have to squeeze in the rest of my concerts for concert attendance for my voice lessons. Thank goodness school is almost over.

That's all for this update. Sorry it was a little uninteresting...but right now, that's all that's going on my life!

Head on over to The Motion of the Ocean to see what I've been doing in my Publishing class!

No comments:

Post a Comment