Friday, May 22, 2009

Gee, Can't A Graphic Design Company Just Hire On Good Faith? I GUESS I Can Send a Portfolio...

I logged in to my gmail this morning to find an email waiting for me from my study away adviser, saying that the friendly folks over at Oceanbarefoot Graphic Design in London want to see a portfolio of my work before they will accept me.

I was mildly amused, but really not surprised. Now I have to put together a portfolio on the internet to send to them. Looks like I should be hearing somewhat soon about my internship placement. I also emailed my study away adviser back to ask her if St. Martin's in the Fields is still an option. All the music people in my life think that would be a great opportunity, so I may as well look in to it.

Now, let's move on from there to the topic of job searching, which has been my main focus as of late!

I would like to briefly update you on the KCCR situation: Alex and I did not, unfortunately, get the Promotions Director position with KCCR for next year. I am sure that whoever the GMs chose will do a great job. They have to be good, in order to beat out Alex and me as a joint package!

I also did not get a position with the Mast, but that is very unsurprising as I do not have prior newspaper experience. Maybe I'll volunteer there next year.

I have, however, landed a summer job at PLU, working in the Development office. This is very exciting, because finding a summer job at PLU is very tough this year! So I'm not too down in the dumps about not getting the KCCR job. And I assure you, my lovely listeners, that I will continue to dedicate the same time and energy to my show next year.

I will also be working in the PLU library come fall, and it is official that I will have my own television show with KCNS next year! This, folks, is a paid position. =) I'm thinking about titling my show Live with Sarah Wise, and am now looking to recruit friends to help me with my show. We'll see how that goes.

Well, that's all for this update. I have a plethora of jobs and I have to put together a portfolio today to send to my potential internship.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment