Sunday, May 10, 2009

Job Searching

Searching for a summer job in this economy is no fun. I have hardly even tried outside of PLU, because I know that that will be a madhouse. Everyone is desperate. So I am applying to anything and everything on the PLU student employment page that looks feasable.

The frustrating part is the fact that I have two existing jobs. Why do I even need to search for a summer job? Because PLU is cutting back on their student employees. KPLU is keeping only one student, and I don't have the seniority to be that one student. Student Life will not know until sometime this week if they will need a student employee or not. If they do, I get the position, as the only local employee. But if they don't, that position also will disappear just in time for summer.

Oh well. I'll keep trying at it and we'll see what comes along, I suppose.

In the meantime, school is wrapping up, and I only have two shows of Dead Air left for this year. Better take a look at my nifty links tab (on your left) and mosey on over to my Dead Air livejournal page to listen to my past shows.

I'm also waiting to apply to be a show producer at KCNS for next year. Hopefully the lovely GM Andrea will get the application posted online soon!

This reminds me: I have an interview to be the KCCR promotions director for next year this Wednesday. I will update here after that interview!

That's all for now. I suppose no news is good news, but I would really love to start hearing news back from my interviews and applications, so I may pass it on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment