Sunday, January 27, 2013

50 Weeks of Creativity: Week Two

So, for the second week of creativity, I was very busy getting ready to leave for London. I did experiment a few times in the kitchen. We had left-over homemade tomato sauce, and some pepperoni slices as well, so I felt like making some pizza bagels one day. Talk about a quick, easy, and tasty snack!

First things first, I pre-heated the oven to 350 degrees and let that get going while I set up my pizza bagels. I used a non-stick pan, which doesn't require any kind of greasing down (you actually shouldn't use anything unless you like a nice big mess).

I used bagel thins, which I think are the greatest thing ever, mozzarella cheese (when I remade these pizza bagels later, I mixed in some smoked gouda and gruyere as well, along with some seasoning), homemade tomato sauce, and pepperoni slices.

Lay out however many bagels you wish to make on a baking tray. Then, using a small spoon, put some tomato sauce on the bagel. Put however much or little as you wish. Next, sprinkle cheese on over that. Try not to get cheese on the baking tray, as this will make clean up easier later. I found that holding the bagel thin over the plate or container of cheese helps; that way, any cheese not staying on the bagel falls back into the cheese. Anyway, I like to put a light covering of cheese on first.

Next, place pepperoni slices around the bagel. I would say place anywhere from 4 to 6 slices, depending on how much pepperoni you want. Then, top with a bit more cheese. I personally love cheese, so I like to nearly hide the pepperoni with cheese.

Once you're ready to go, pop them in the oven. They don't take long to cook; literally less than 5 minutes. I never bothered to actually time, I just stayed in the kitchen and peeked in periodically. When the cheese is melty on top, they're good to go.

The end result is a soft bagel with pizza on top. The homemade tomato sauce I used was delicious; the tomatos had come from my mom's garden and were incredibly sweet. These can also be made with Laughing Cow cheese in place of tomato sauce for a lighter flavor.

I also took some pictures in Seattle with Erica, Zoe, and the Fremont Troll on Saturday, but I can't seem to find my pictures from that day, so I guess this recipe will have to be it for the week in creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment