Sunday, October 21, 2012

Eggcellent Pizza

About a week or so ago, I used up my last pizza crust and made egg pizza. I had a craving for eggs and I decided I wanted to try them on a pizza. It was easy, and the leftovers made for a good breakfast.


So I laid out the pizza crust and spread a little olive oil over the base. In a bowl, I mixed together six eggs which I then poured over the pizza. Don't worry if your eggs extend beyond the crust onto the pan; they'll cook together like a quiche and stay with the rest of the pizza.

Then I sprinkled freshly shredded mozzarella over the eggs. I would suggest you go parmesan instead of mozzarella, but I didn't have any parmesan on hand. Next I salted and peppered the pizza. Lastly, I put some broccoli and spinach over the pizza, and popped it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. When it starts to turn golden-brown around the edges, it's ready to go.

The end result was a lot like a quiche, which a tasty, buttery crust underneath the egg. You can refrigerate any leftover pizza, and it reheats in the morning for a delicious breakfast you can have on the go. Definitely a keeper, and a great way to get rid of eggs before they go bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment