Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mommy Blogs!!!!1111 LOL OMG

I plan to update at some point about Saint Patrick's Day in Savannah, which was a bit crazy (or cray-cray, as I was teaching a Taiwanese girl in my class to say), but first, I bring you this:

I've been following this inspirational, really amazing blog called Eli's Mom Blog. Eli also runs It Just Gets Stranger, home of the wrong-number-texts blog post that I shared on Facebook a while back that had me laughing until my sides exploded. Anyway, Eli told his wrong-number-texter that he kept a mom blog...and when she believed him, he actually created it. So now there's Eli's Mom Blog, which is about a fake-mommy-man (the man isn't fake, he's just a fake mommy) and his fabulous inspirational children with names like Fortify, Casper, and Opaque.

Eli hosts these SUPER AMAZING CUTE craft contests, and invites the other mommies (presumably all fake, but who knows?) to contribute their own creations. This week's contest was dream catchers, and so I entered. As a fake-mommy, my children include Roger (female, pronounced Roh-jay) and Roger (male, pronounced Rogue-er). We were all just SO EXCITED to participate in Eli's craft contest. Here is my submission. I really hope I win! Fingers crossed everyone!

Wow Eli, you are such an inspirational mom!

I saw your latest craft contest, and I had PROMISED my children that I would compete next time, and so naturally I woke them both up RIGHT AWAY. My daughter Roger (pronounced Roh-jay, obviously, but so many people have trouble grasping that) and my son Roger (Rogue-er, CLEARLY) were so excited!! They plan to make these themselves tomorrow. But in the meantime, here is MY submission. My daughter Roger thoughtfully came up with the title for the submission: Domesticated Dreams. It includes some fun beads from Roger's latest birthday party, her pageant lipstick (it's an ADORABLE shade of sparkly pink!), a can opener (even though I only serve my children FRESH fruits and vegetables, we do like to keep cans on hand for feeding the hungry in our neighborhood, because it just BREAKS MY HEART to see people who just are not as BLESSED and FORTUNATE as I AM!), and of course Roger's ABSOLUTE FAVORITE HAIR BOW. Her brother Roger was so happy to see such a wonderful representation of the fabulous women in our family. I am just so proud of my AMAZING CHILDREN. They really look up to your Fortify, after all. We ALL hope that some day they can meet such an inspirational young lady!!! 


Hope all is well with your family,
Sarah



If you're still looking for entertainment, Eli also posted an entry with his wetsuit lounging about the house; I also died laughing. In fact, just peruse his blog, because it's quite entertaining. He names his inanimate objects, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment