Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Savannah Film Festival

The Savannah Film Festival is a pretty big deal here, bringing in a handful of big stars. This year, the honorees include Oliver Stone, Lily Tomlin, Ray Liotta, and James Marsden (there's one more but I don't recall - I don't know who she is). But in addition to these stars, other actors, directors, and industry bigwigs come to host events and present master classes.

I didn't know much about the film festival, so I pieced together information as I was able via the website. This led to the happy discovery that Alec Baldwin was coming to town to present Stanley Kubrick's film Barry Lyndon. So on Sunday, Margo and I headed over to the Lucas Theatre (where I work) to sit through a three hour movie, followed by a Q&A session. The experience itself was very fun; the movie was well done (of course it was; it's Kubrick), and Alec Baldwin was a delight.

By the time we got out, it was evening and it was getting dark. Margo and I popped into an art supply store so I could find prop mustaches (for a poster I was working on; the ones I found were made for Archie McPhee's in Seattle, which made me happy), and then across the street to Panera for dinner.

Remember the haunted CVS? Well, we passed by it on our way home. It was past 6:00 so it was closed, and it was dark. This was the night before Halloween, so I was telling Margo how silly I thought it was that the ghost was still haunting it in search for her baby, who is long dead by now too. As we approached the CVS, we heard a baby crying; I busted up laughing. That kid really had a set of lungs. We were followed by wailing for a while.

Anyway, the Film Festival continues this week and through the weekend. Margo and I have tickets for another film this weekend, one starring Jason Segel and Ed Helm. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment