Saturday, October 22, 2011

Bite Update!

Well, I've been treating my foot religiously for the last week, and it's clearing up slowly but surely. Guess that's all I've got to say about that (as Forrest Gump would say), on account of the fact that you probably don't want to read a description of my bug bite foot rash.

Speaking of Forrest Gump, I worked Saturday at the Lucas Theatre. We had no customers to speak of whatsoever, but one of the on-duty cops was hanging out with us at the concession stand talking about movies he's worked on the set of here in Savannah, including Forrest Gump. He said he was there the day they shot the feather scene - they spent hours just going up and down with the crane tracing the movement of the feather. When I got home that evening, guess what was showing on TBS? Yup, Forrest Gump.

The next day, I went to dinner with Margo, and we decided to take the duckies to Chippewa Square, where the bench scenes of Forrest Gump were filmed. So I got a nice picture of Chazz and Ginger waiting for the bus - there's no bench there, that was brought in for the movie. And no bus runs there; traffic actually runs the opposite direction, so the street had to be closed down for the movie.

This weekend is far less exciting; I'm spending it working on homework and preparing pieces to submit to the SCAD Art Museum for its grand reopening. I'll update on that piece of information later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment